1. Kate Middleton left Prince George at home today. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge set off on their day sans the little prince, much to our disappointment. However, Kate decided to wear a beautiful pale blue Alexander McQueen coat and style her hair in a lovely ponytail, so all is forgiven.
2. Senate Republicans blocked the Paycheck Fairness Act because why not. Senate Republicans argued that pay discrimination is already illegal, so why sign a bill that would close major loopholes in a law that was created more than 50 years ago and address the fact that women still make only 77 cents to every dollar earned by a man?! President Obama blasted Congress in a speech following the vote, saying, "This has become the least productive Congress in modern history, recent memory. And that's by objective measures — just basic activity."
3. Katherine Heigl is suing a pharmacy. Duane Reade tweeted an image of Heigl shopping at the pharmacy and the actress is not enthused to say the least. She's suing Duane Reade for $6 million because that seems like a totally reasonable number. According to the law suit obtained by TMZ, Heigl said she would donate the money to the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation that focuses on animal welfare.
4. A woman is not replacing David Letterman. Stephen Colbert is the new host of "Late Night" and while we're thrilled, here's to hoping that Comedy Central replaces Colbert with a woman. The Samantha Bee Report has a great ring to it!
5. Julia Louis-Dreyfus responded to whole hooplah surrounding her Rolling Stone cover in the best way possible. The magazine features the topless actress with the Constitution written on her back. The only issue is that John Hancock signed the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution, so you know, the Internet exploded.