The hallmark of the I-do-makeup-now starter kit, they're luxe, innovative, and most importantly, extremely functional—a true all-encompassing investment. (If you can get your hands on one, that is.) First there was the OG Naked palette, Naked2, Naked3, Naked Smoky, Naked Basics, and Naked Basics2, and as of today, there's the new Naked Ultimate Basics.
Now, we're well aware that the words "naked" and "basics" in tandem sells itself, but here's exactly what you need to know about UD's latest neutral-happy offering:
1. It's MATTE. Yes, that's right. While its shimmery predecessors leaned "lit" in the best possible way, ladies partial to a softer, subtler matte finish finally have non-twinkly offerings for the "naked" look.
2. It's got 12-never-before-seen neutrals. Ranging from cool to warm, that's 11 pure matte shades, and one that's a demi-matte for highlighting. They're all exclusive to the palette. Highlights include Extra Bitter, a burnt orange destined for cult status, and Lethal, a reddish brown that's calling out to your fall wardrobe.
3. It's more portable. While the previous palettes were rectangular shaped, the Ultimate Basics are housed in a soft, super-sleek *square* gold case with shiny and matte lines framing the UD logo. If you're a #commuterbeauty enthusiast, this update is 🔑 .
4. It comes with a double-sided brush. Get you a brush that can do both! On one side you have the smudger, and on the other there's the blender for a silky, crease-free finish.
5. It launches next month. The Naked Basics drop on September 18th for $55 on urbandecay.com! We know, we know—the anticipation may very well kill you. But think about it like this: You have more time to exercise your refresh button and add-to-cart dexterity.