- In a new Instagram post on Friday, Adele (opens in new tab) gushed about a book she recently read, Untamed: Stop Pleasing, Start Living by Glennon Doyle (opens in new tab).
- The singer shared a very lengthy caption about the book, which she said "will shake your brain and make your soul scream." She added that, after reading the book, she feels as if she "just flew into [her] body for the very first time."
- Fans were less concerned with Adele's reading recommendations than her highly-anticipated fourth album, which was originally expected to drop in September, but has been pushed back due to the coronavirus pandemic. In the comments, one fan asked the singer when the new album is coming, but Adele says she doesn't know.
Adele (opens in new tab) is using her time in quarantine to catch up on some reading and her last book was so life-changing, she had to take to Instagram to gush emphatically about it.
On Friday, the singer shared a picture of the cover of the book—Untamed: Stop Pleasing, Start Living (opens in new tab) by Glennon Doyle—along with a very lengthy caption explaining just how much she loved it. Which, for the record, is a LOT.
Highlights of Adele's glowing (opens in new tab) review of the book include:
- "This book will shake your brain and make your soul scream."
- "It’s as if I just flew into my body for the very first time. Whew!"
- "Read this book and have a highlighter on hand to make notes because you’ll want to refer back to it trust me!"
- "Who knew our own liberation liberates those around us? Cause I didn’t!! I thought we were meant to be stressed and disheveled, confused and selfless like a Disney character! ProBloodyFound!!"
- "You’re an absolute don Glennon ♥️ "
A post shared by Adele (@adele) (opens in new tab)
A photo posted by on
While Adele is clearly focused 100% (opens in new tab) on the lessons she learned in Untamed: Stop Pleasing, Start Living and applying them to her new, non-stressed, non-disheveled, non-selfless Disney character existence, her fans are still more focused on her highly-anticipated fourth album (opens in new tab). The still-untitled record was originally expected out in September, but, like so many things, has been put on hold indefinitely because of the coronavirus pandemic.
"Adele where's the album?" one fan commented with a laughing face emoji.
Here's the good news: Adele replied.
Here's the bad news: You won't like the answer.
"I honestly have no idea," the Grammy-winner wrote. No emojis. No hints. Just indefinite waiting. But, no matter how long it takes for the album to be released, we have a feeling it will be well worth the wait.
Kayleigh Roberts is a freelance writer and editor with more than 10 years of professional experience. Her byline has appeared in Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, The Atlantic, Allure, Entertainment Weekly, MTV, Bustle, Refinery29, Girls’ Life Magazine, Just Jared, and Tiger Beat, among other publications. She's a graduate of the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.
Black Friday Beauty Deals Live: Sephora, Charlotte Tilbury, Dyson, and More
We hunted down the best beauty deals of Black Friday weekend so you don't have to.
By Jenny Hollander
Nordstrom Black Friday Sale: The Best Deals 2022
Nordstrom's Black Friday sale features can't-miss deals in fashion, beauty, home goods, and more.
By Julia Marzovilla
Prince Harry’s Friends Are Apparently “Concerned” About Him
Research for his memoir, Spare, has taken him back to “some of the darker moments in his life.”
By Rachel Burchfield
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
Taylor Swift Fans Have Big Feelings About Ticketmaster Crashing Due to "Historically Unprecedented Demand"
There was heartbreak.
By Iris Goldsztajn
Taylor Swift Beat the *Actual* Beatles With Her New Billboard Chart Rankings
I am shaken to the very core.
By Iris Goldsztajn
Taylor Swift Removes "Fat" Scale Scene From Music Video Following Backlash
The discussion rages on.
By Iris Goldsztajn
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park