Update: Katy Perry has spoken. Er...GIFed.
pic.twitter.com/m6ebYV8D1rJuly 13, 2016
Original story: Well, this is getting intense. After claims that Taylor Swift was actually the one to pen (opens in new tab) "This Is What You Came For"—that catchy summer tune by Calvin Harris and Rihanna—Harris just went on a clarification rant on Twitter, sending a few select tweets directed right at Swift that address, uh, some broader issues.
- https://twitter.com/CalvinHarris/status/753256456711843840 (opens in new tab)
- https://twitter.com/CalvinHarris/status/753257779775668224 (opens in new tab)
- https://twitter.com/CalvinHarris/status/753258935432294400 (opens in new tab)
- https://twitter.com/CalvinHarris/status/753259239863296000 (opens in new tab)
- https://twitter.com/CalvinHarris/status/753259873035399168 (opens in new tab)
- https://twitter.com/CalvinHarris/status/753260609970417664 (opens in new tab)
- https://twitter.com/CalvinHarris/status/753261674145067008 (opens in new tab)
So what we know now:
1. Calvin Harris is *not* happy with the idea that the mastermind behind his song was Taylor Swift. (Even if she did actually write the lyrics ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.)
2. He feels she's behind the news, in an attempt to "bury him."
3. There might be some credence to the theory that "Bad Blood" was about Katy Perry...?
4. If Taylor responds to all this, we're willing to bet it's going to be clever, cheeky, and in the form of a Tom Hiddleston tank top.
Follow Marie Claire on Facebook (opens in new tab) for the latest celeb news, beauty tips, fascinating reads, livestream video, and more.
Samantha Leal is the Deputy Editor at Well+Good, where she spends most of her day thinking of new ideas across platforms, bringing on new writers, overseeing the day-to-day of the website, and working with the awesome team to produce the best stories and packages. Before W+G, she was the Senior Web Editor for Marie Claire and the Deputy Editor for Latina.com, with bylines all over the internet. Graduating from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University with a minor in African history, she’s written everything from travel guides to political op-eds to wine explainers (currently enrolled in the WSET program) to celebrity profiles. Find her online pretty much everywhere @samanthajoleal.
'The Umbrella Academy' Season 4: Everything We Know
Including what could come next after that cliffhanger finale.
By Quinci LeGardye
The 22 Best Korean Romance Movies Ever Made
They'll shatter your heart, then put it back together again.
By Marina Liao
All of the Best Fourth of July Fashion Sales
Let the savings begin.
By Julia Marzovilla
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors
Surprise! Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Nick Jonas Are Parents
They welcomed a baby via surrogate.
By Neha Prakash
Meghan and Harry Share First Photo of Their Daughter Lilibet Diana
The Sussex's holiday card is here!
By Rachel Epstein
The 50 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes Ever
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Alicia Keys Gets What She Wants
With her jazzy new album, Keys, the singer stopped worrying about everything except what matters: Her own opinion.
By Jessica Herndon
Brooke Shields on Reinventing Yourself, Making Friends in Your 40s, and More
The actress and CEO shared inspiring advice during a panel at 'Marie Claire's' "Power Trip: Off the Grid" conference.
By Rachel Epstein