Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
The red-hot actress may be known for turning heads in couture and never leaving home without her adorable pooch, Penny, but we've channeled our inner Gossip Girl and dug up ten extra-juicy facts about MC's July cover girl. XOXO.
1. She likes to eat cookies, ahem, for breakfast. Her favorites come from Southampton-based Tate's Bake Shop (opens in new tab).
2. Move over, Tim Gunn! Blake is hooked on Project Runway, and wants to advise future contestants. Just picture her exclaiming, "Make it work!"
3. She has varying styles dedicated to different parts of the world. "I'll have ostrich feather skirts that I'll wear only when I'm in Paris," Blake explains. "Or high-waisted beaded shorts, that are mint green, that I would never wear in New York City."
4. Her favorite French phrase is "ou le vent me port," which translates to "wherever the wind takes me."
5. During breaks on the Gossip Girl set, she whips out her iPad and peruses boards on Pinterest. A recent favorite find is this watermelon porcupine (opens in new tab).
6. A Blake Lively fashion line could be on the horizon, and she'd actually design it herself. "I have such respect for [fashion] that I don't just want to hire someone to do a line and put my name on it," she says.
7. Like everyone else, she has embarrassing high school photos. "I just saw my homecoming photo, and I thought, 'That is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life,'" admits Blake.
8. Adventurous and independent, Blake has ventured on a South African Safari solo.
9. Her enviable fashion isn't just reserved for the red carpet. "I'll literally be home alone and put on a pair of Louboutins, and just cook a yummy meal," Blake confesses.
10. If she weren't famous, Blake would actually skip through Disneyland, sans her disguise hat. When she visits the amusement park, she claims to be like a "dog with his tongue out the window."
This article originally appeared in the July 2012 issue of Marie Claire.
Power Pick: Sonos Two Room Set With One
Big sound, small package.
By Brittany Holloway-Brown
Night Creams That Work Magic
Why, yes, I did wake up like this!
By Deena Campbell
Renée Zellweger Shares Why She “Loved” Turning 50: “You Must Embrace Your Age”
The actress also revealed her thoughts on “garbage” anti-aging products.
By Samantha Holender
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
Cameron Diaz Says She's "Like a Beast" Right Now, Barely Washes Her Face
Obsessed with this.
By Iris Goldsztajn
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors
Surprise! Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Nick Jonas Are Parents
They welcomed a baby via surrogate.
By Neha Prakash
Meghan and Harry Share First Photo of Their Daughter Lilibet Diana
The Sussex's holiday card is here!
By Rachel Epstein
Virgil Abloh Has Died at Age 41, Celebrities Pay Tribute to Designer
He was battling cancer.
By Iris Goldsztajn
The 50 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes Ever
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton