The red-hot actress may be known for turning heads in couture and never leaving home without her adorable pooch, Penny, but we've channeled our inner Gossip Girl and dug up ten extra-juicy facts about MC's July cover girl. XOXO.
1. She likes to eat cookies, ahem, for breakfast. Her favorites come from Southampton-based Tate's Bake Shop (opens in new tab).
2. Move over, Tim Gunn! Blake is hooked on Project Runway, and wants to advise future contestants. Just picture her exclaiming, "Make it work!"
3. She has varying styles dedicated to different parts of the world. "I'll have ostrich feather skirts that I'll wear only when I'm in Paris," Blake explains. "Or high-waisted beaded shorts, that are mint green, that I would never wear in New York City."
4. Her favorite French phrase is "ou le vent me port," which translates to "wherever the wind takes me."
5. During breaks on the Gossip Girl set, she whips out her iPad and peruses boards on Pinterest. A recent favorite find is this watermelon porcupine (opens in new tab).
6. A Blake Lively fashion line could be on the horizon, and she'd actually design it herself. "I have such respect for [fashion] that I don't just want to hire someone to do a line and put my name on it," she says.
7. Like everyone else, she has embarrassing high school photos. "I just saw my homecoming photo, and I thought, 'That is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life,'" admits Blake.
8. Adventurous and independent, Blake has ventured on a South African Safari solo.
9. Her enviable fashion isn't just reserved for the red carpet. "I'll literally be home alone and put on a pair of Louboutins, and just cook a yummy meal," Blake confesses.
10. If she weren't famous, Blake would actually skip through Disneyland, sans her disguise hat. When she visits the amusement park, she claims to be like a "dog with his tongue out the window."
This article originally appeared in the July 2012 issue of Marie Claire.
Cyber Monday Beauty Deals Live: Sephora, Charlotte Tilbury, Dyson, and More
We hunted down the best beauty deals of Cyber Monday so you don't have to.
By Jenny Hollander
Nordstrom Cyber Monday Sale: The Best Deals 2022
Nordstrom's Cyber Monday sale features can't-miss deals in fashion, beauty, home goods, and more.
By Julia Marzovilla
Examining Motherhood in 'You Were Always Mine'
The forthcoming book from 'We Are Not Like Them' authors Jo Piazza and Christine Pride asks the question: Who gets to make the choice to be a mom?
By Danielle McNally
Sarah Hyland and Adam Devine Play 'How Well Do You Know Your Co-Star?'
The 'Modern Family' stars reunited for the 'Pitch Perfect' spinoff series.
By Brooke Knappenberger
The 78 Best Celebrity Couple Halloween Costumes of All Time
Honestly, we're impressed.
By Charlotte Chilton
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
Cameron Diaz Says She's "Like a Beast" Right Now, Barely Washes Her Face
Obsessed with this.
By Iris Goldsztajn
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez