After a long, hard day at work, all you want is to come home to someone—or something—who will listen to you (silently), support you and indulge you in an hours-long Orange Is The New Black marathon. It's not your boyfriend that will do that—it's your oh-so-soft, always cushy, and forever there couch.
1. Your blankets keep you warmer than the arms of any man. There's nothing quite like your favorite worn-in fleece.
2. Netflix has been a girl's best date for the past decade. Binge-watching will be there for you as late as you want, whenever you want.
3. Your couch doesn't care if you haven't showered. It will embrace your stank and greasy hair.
4. You can make cake in a coffee cup. Why would you ever need to leave your house again?
5. You can learn way more about your crush via social media than actually talking to him.
6. You don't need to wait in line for a beer. Your couch and coffee table provide just as much fun and intimacy as a bar.
7. Your computer screen may provide better cultural events than your local watering hole. You watch concerts and interviews online all the time. You know what's up.
8. Your couch doesn't ask you annoying questions. Inquiries like "Whatever happened to that guy you were dating? Or, "Are you currently seeing anyone right now?" are a thing of the past.
9. Your couch welcomes fistfuls of popcorn in your mouth at one time. The bigger the handful, the better the taste.
10. Socializing takes energy. Couching helps you catch up on your beauty rest.
10 Comfort Foods That Are Better Than Your Boyfriend
The 20 Most Binge-Worthy TV Series of the 2000s
The Perfumer Behind Last Year's Most Talked-About Fragrance Just Released Another Perfect Scent
Aqua Media Cologne forte embodies a feeling of balance and harmony.
By Deena Campbell
'Yellowface' Is Our June Book Club Pick
Read an excerpt from R.F. Kuang's latest novel, here, then dive in with us throughout the month.
By Brooke Knappenberger
I Scoured the Summer Runways—Here Are the Six Shoe Trends Actually Worth Buying
Hit the ground running this season.
By Emma Childs
75 Real Sex Scenes in Movies
These actors aren't faking anything.
By Mehera Bonner
Spring Date Ideas for Taking Advantage of the Warmer Weather
Just make sure to layer.
By Katherine J. Igoe
I Officiated My First Wedding and I Threw Up Mid-Ceremony
Yup, it happened.
By Krystyna Chávez
'The Bachelor' Recap: An Exercise In Waiting for Colton to Jump the Fence
Also, Kirpa's chin can breathe again.
By Amanda Mitchell
'The Bachelor's Elyse Dehlbom Shows Us All How to Make an Exit
Elyse, you left us too soon.
By Amanda Mitchell
This Adorable Old Deaf Couple Is the Ultimate #RelationshipGoals
Watch them explain why they still love each other after 46 years. It will kill you.
By Samantha Leal
YouTube Just Released the Most Beautiful Tribute to Marriage Equality
"My son is not an issue, he is a person. Just like you."
By Danielle Tullo
Man Gets Last Laugh on Cheating Ex on Twitter
A ringside seat for a magnificent break up for the Internet Ages.
By Marie Claire