By Cosmo Frank published
1. He looks up the movie you've been waiting to see and surprises you with a date night. He might not want to see it, but he knows all the show times in a five mile radius.
2. He brings you flowers for no reason. Some women think this is tacky. It isn't.
3. He really tries to make you come. Even if he lacks talent in bed, he's making an effort to improve.
4. He doesn't look at his phone when you're around. Flappy Bird and status updates can't win out over you. Suppressing the compulsion to check his phone, that's love.
5. He texts you pictures of inside jokes and things that remind him of you. Somehow, he makes grumpy cat memes romantic.
6. He wants you to hang out with his friends. This might be hell for you, but he really wants you around.
7. He tries to hold you while you're sleeping. You might wake up annoyed and sweating, but he just wants to cuddle.
8. He wants to know you got home safe. Don't roll your eyes. There's genuine concern in that "r u home?" text.
9. He cancels plans for you. You take precedent over guy's night and sports schedules.
10. He teases you, in a good way. He can make fun of you in a way that makes you laugh, not in a way that makes you cry quietly in the bathroom later.
11. He remembers every little conversation you've had. That time you rambled about your nail polish preferences? He was paying attention THE WHOLE TIME, and buys you the right ones for your birthday.
12. He actively tries to express his emotions. This can be difficult. Ignore all the awkward pauses and uncomfortable shifting, and what he's saying might be kind of sweet.
13. He compliments you when you're not wearing makeup. Hell, he might not even notice you're not wearing makeup.
14. He makes you dinner after a bad day. He might only know one recipe, but it always cheers you up.
15. Even if he's not very emo, he has a sentimental streak when it comes to you. Dude has never cried, but he keeps a sweet love note from you in his wallet.
16. He surprises you with coffee. Just remembering your crazy convoluted order would've been impressive.
17. He thinks your annoying habits are cute. Even the thing where you separate all the foods on your plate with bread so they don't touch.
18. He loves showing off your accomplishments. "This is my girlfriend, she just got her master's and got a job a week later and is so smart and beautiful and it's she great?"
19. He remembers something you mentioned you hated one time, and never does it again. May you never fear sitting on a cold toilet rim in the middle of the night.
20. He begrudgingly gets into some of your girly habits. OK, a ton of pillows on the bed is pretty nice actually.
Photo Credit: Getty
I am a human male that enjoys consuming meals consisting of all five food groups and fulfilling every level of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. I write about sex-having.
The 20 Best Lengthening Mascaras for Sky-High Lashes
For next-level long lashes that will have everyone asking, "Are those real?", try one of these editor-approved lengthening mascaras.
By Julia Marzovilla
The 14 Best Horror Movies of 2022 (So Far)
From the return of Leatherface to the latest Jordan Peele film.
By Quinci LeGardye
24 Hours With Gabi Butler
The star of Netflix's 'Cheer' broke down her day for us.
By Julia Marzovilla
71 Fun Date Ideas for 2022
Skip the old "dinner and a movie" for something original.
By Katherine J Igoe
The 26 Hottest Porn Websites for Women on the Internet
All the best websites, right this way.
By Kayleigh Roberts
COVID Forced My Polyamorous Marriage to Become Monogamous
For Melanie LaForce, pandemic-induced social distancing guidelines meant she could no longer see men outside of her marriage. But monogamy didn't just change her relationship with her husband—it changed her relationship with herself.
By Melanie LaForce
How the pandemic has mutated our most personal disunions.
By Gretchen Voss
16 At-Home Date Ideas When You're Stuck Indoors
Staying in doesn't have to be boring.
By Katherine J Igoe
Long Distance Relationship Gift Ideas for Couples Who've Made It This Far
Alexa, play "A Thousand Miles."
By Jaimie Potters
15 Couples on How 2020 Rocked Their Relationship
Couples confessed to Marie Claire how this year's many multi-stressors tested the limits of their love.
By Sherry Amatenstein, LCSW
I Escaped My Abuser. He Found Me Through My Computer.
After more than a year of abuse at the hands of her then-fiancé, Jaél de Pardo, eight months pregnant, fled the apartment they shared. She was living in secret...until he tracked her.
By Megan DiTrolio