Not everyone on Earth watches the Times Square ball drop. Check out these New Year's rituals from around the globe.
1. In Mexico, women put on new panties in one of two colors to signify their hopes for the coming year — red for love, yellow for money.
2. In Belarus, single women compete in unusual games, such as lining up piles of corn ans seeing whose kernels a rooster chooses to eat first. The winner is considered most likely to marry in the year ahead.
3. The Japanese throw an office bonenkai, or "forget-the-year party," where bosses let employees get more relaxed then usual (i.e., drink a ton) in their otherwise buttoned-down workplaces.
4. In Rio de Janeiro, crowds flock to the beach to throw flowers into the ocean at midnight.
5. Filipino women wear polka dots — the roundess resembles coins and wealth.
6. Ecuadoreans burn photos and scarecrows to destroy bad memories from the past 12 months.
7. In Denmark, friends smash dishes on each other's doorsteps — those with the most broken plates are believed to have the most loyal friends.
Cyber Monday Beauty Deals Live: Sephora, Charlotte Tilbury, Dyson, and More
We hunted down the best beauty deals of Cyber Monday so you don't have to.
By Jenny Hollander
Nordstrom Cyber Monday Sale: The Best Deals 2022
Nordstrom's Cyber Monday sale features can't-miss deals in fashion, beauty, home goods, and more.
By Julia Marzovilla
Examining Motherhood in 'You Were Always Mine'
The forthcoming book from 'We Are Not Like Them' authors Jo Piazza and Christine Pride asks the question: Who gets to make the choice to be a mom?
By Danielle McNally
How to Spend 24 Hours in Salem, Massachusetts
The Halloween capital will put a spell on you.
By Nico Amarca
You Can Stay in the Mansion from the 'Addams Family' This Halloween
The property is based in Brooklyn, New York.
By Nashia Baker
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Are on a Romantic Vacation in Corsica
They're on a boat...
By Amy Mackelden
The Prettiest Fall Train Trip in the U.S. Only Costs $58
This is the best (and most affordable) way to take in the autumn foliage.
By Jessica Mattern
You Can Now Pedal Along the Railroad Tracks Through the Adirondacks
Forget about a train ride—this is the best way to see the views.
By Eric Anderson
Globe-Trotter Alert: JetBlue Is Offering $49 Flights
Because they love you.
By Mehera Bonner
WestJet Airlines Commissions Santa in the Most Heart-Warming Thing You'll See All Day (VIDEO)
WestJet bought presents for each one of their passengers.
By Hallie Gould