The Best Workout Music of 2009
Photo Credit: Myles Dumas
Like so many other folks, I'm starting off the new year by
taking stock of the one that's just ended. Accordingly, I've been
tallying the votes for each of last year's singles to see which made
their way into the gym most frequently. As you'd expect, there are a
lot of obvious wins like Lady Gaga nabbing the top spot. And there
are some happy surprises. Particularly, I didn't remember Jordin
Sparks making a big impression. But with a little time (and a lot of
help from Shannon's "Let the Music Play") "S.O.S." seems to have grown
It's also reassuring to see so many new artists making the cut. The fact that so many of these were relatively unknown last January bodes well for the coming year's offerings.
I'll pick up with those in the next column. Until then, here's the best of 2009.
10. Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire - 125 BPM
9. The Prodigy - Warriors Dance (South Central Remix) - 128 BPM
8. Beyoncé - Diva (Karmatronic Remix) - 132 BPM
7. Jordin Sparks - S.O.S. - 116 BPM
6. September - Cry for You - 130 BPM
5. Katy Perry - Waking Up in Vegas (Calvin Harris Remix) - 131 BPM
4. Kesha - Tik Tok - 120 BPM
3. Jay Sean & Lil Wayne - Down - 132 BPM
2. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling - 128 BPM
1. Lady Gaga - Poker Face (Space Cowboy Remix)
MC's resident DJ Chris Lawhorn weeds through each week's releases to find the best, new music for a workout. The highlights are presented here, organized by their beats per minute.
More songs and resources for matching them to the pace of your routine can be found on RunHundred.com.