The Top 10 Workout Songs Beyond The Top 40
Cardigan, $220, White + Warren; top, $79.50, Lacoste; pants, $55, Adidas Originals; bag, $1035, Roberto Cavalli; necklace, price upon request, David Webb; bracelets, $445 to $640, Hermès. On eyes: Rimmel London Colour Rush Trio Eyeshadow in Tempting.
Photo Credit: Fabio Chizzola
Here's a look at ten recent releases that are getting lots of play in the gym, but not necessarily on the radio. The list also makes for an easy way to pace yourself, as more than half of the songs fall within a couple beats of 130 BPM.
1. V Factory - Love Struck (Dave Aude Club Mix) - 128 BPM
2. Chelley Took The Night - 129 BPM
3. Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch - 132 BPM
4. Cut Copy Hearts On Fire - 125 BPM
5. Ercola & Daniella - Every Word (Wendel Kos Radio Edit) - 128 BPM
6. Erin McCarley - Love, Save The Empty - 142 BPM
7. David Guetta & Kelly Rowland When Love Takes Over - 130 BPM
8. Kat DeLuna - Dance Bailalo -125 BPM
9. Kaskade & Deadmau5 - Move For Me - 128 BPM
10. Crystal Castles - Vanished - 120 BPM
MC's resident DJ Chris Lawhorn weeds through the Top 40 charts to find the best new workout music. The songs are organized, by beats per minute, into playlists designed to match the speed of your routine, while maximizing its results.
Chris Lawhorn spent his teens playing in punk and folk bands in Fort Wayne, IN. Apart from the occasional solo album, the rocking has taken a backseat to deejaying and production for his Case/Martingale label. Thankfully, this means that time once spent sleeping in the back of a van has since been freed up to scour places like Buenos Aires and Osaka for new music.
Chris has a bachelor's degree in English and Telecommunications from Ball State University. It finally went to use in creating RunHundred.com - a Web site that helps people find music that fits the pace of their workouts.