The model, actress, and face of Estée Lauder recommends alone time at the cinema but advises against the craziest thing she did for love.
1. If I weren't a model/actress, I'd be: Finishing my doctorate in Psychology.
2. Best career advice I've gotten: Be in the moment and give it your all and forget about the noise around you.
3. Most gracious response to rejection/career setback: We’ve got bigger fish to fry. Don’t dwell on the small stuff.
4. The three qualities that got me where I am today: Determination, resilience, and humbleness.
5. Moment I felt I made it: When I booked my first couture Paris fashion show with Givenchy.
6. Easiest career decision I've ever made: Bleaching my eyebrows. It was confusing at first but then I realized it changed my look and made me look androgynous, more high fashion.
7. Kind of work I'd do for free: Candy taster!
8. Favorite perk of the job: I love getting to travel to destinations that I’ve always wanted to visit. Another perk is the fact that my job is never routine, and it excites me that no two days are ever the same.
9. Worst pitfall of the job: Dealing with egos and the stereotype people have of models.
10. Change I'd like to see in my industry: To continue to be inclusive of all. Not just because it’s the thing to do or that it’s a good image for your company but because you truly believe in it. Everyone can identify with someone and see that there is beauty in everyone.
11. How I made my first dollar: I made my first dollar through a high school program that gave you an incentive for having good grades. It was a sweet bonus and was a great reminder that hard work pays off, literally.
12. Who I admire: I admire individuals who stand for a cause that betters the world we live in. Individuals that speak up against any injustice that affects and impacts others. People who are a voice of positivity.
13. Last thing I binge-watched: Insecure on HBO and The Kalief Browder Story, on Netflix.
14. Book that left a lasting impression: The Secret. The book really made me reconsider my thought process and reminded me of what I already knew and believed in.
15. Song that always makes me cry: "Choose Me" by James Blake. It depends on my mood but this song can make my eyes water!
16. Movie with the greatest ending: The Pursuit of Happyness.
17. Song I want played at my funeral: "La Vida Es Un Carnaval" by Celia Cruz. The song talks about not crying when you think life is unfair, because life is a carnival—and that it’s more beautiful to live singing, because there’s so much more to life.
18. First album I bought: Aaliyah.
19. On my bucket list: To go skydiving. And to spend some time with tigers and lions—and to pet a cub.
20. Food I'm not ashamed to admit I love: Condensed milk.
21. Cocktail of choice: It’s a tie between Tequila with Pineapple or Passion Fruit Caipirinha.
22. If I could live in a foreign country, it would be: Canada as the people are so beyond nice and it's a super clean country.
23. What every woman should try once in her lifetime: To go to the movies by herself.
24. One thing I'm exceptionally good at: Training dogs, well at least our family dog.
25. One thing I'm epically bad at: Staying completely quiet during a TV show.
26. Superhero power I'd want to have: The ability to control people’s thoughts.
27. Store I can't leave without buying something: Target. I always end up getting things I don’t need.
28. How do you clear your mind after a crappy day: I play some fun music, super loud. I find some funny memes on Instagram to laugh at or I go to the gym and burn it out.
29. Something nice I did for myself recently, because hey, why not: I bought myself a rose gold ring.
30. If I could compete in an Olympic sport, I'd like it to be: A gymnast.
31. The beauty essential you have to pry out of my cold, dead hands: Estée Lauder Sumptuous mascara in Black. Lash curler.
32. My first kiss: I was in junior high and it took place in the back of the school bus. I thought I was being a rebel.
33. The three qualities I thought I wanted in a partner: Being fully bilingual (Spanish speaker). Had to be six feet tall. And have a nice butt.
34. The qualities I now know matter: Being family-oriented. Having a great sense of humor. Being confident (because I can crack a lot of jokes). Being my best friend. Ambitious.
35. Advice to a woman with a broken heart: “Que se joda.” It means something similar to “whatever, you’ll survive.” Women can get caught in their feelings and forget that we are way stronger than a broken heart, it’ll mend.
36. Relationship advice to my younger self: Trust your instinct, it’s there for a reason and to remember that you can’t change a person.
37. The craziest thing I did for love: I keyed his car when I was extremely upset. I don’t recommend doing this though.