By now you've seen Magic Mike, right? And if you haven't…what are you waiting for??? In between swooning over Channing Tatum's sweet moves and Matthew McConnaughey's abs, you'll notice a very lovely young lady at the center of all that testosterone. That would be Cody Horn, the former model and daughter of Hollywood exec Alan Horn. You may recognize her from her stints on The Office and Rescue Me and this fall she'll appear with Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna Kendrick and America Ferrera in End of Watch. We chatted with this star on the rise and learned a few things we thought we'd share.
1. Her first reaction to hearing about the Magic Mike project probably wasn't much different than yours. "I had signed with this agency because they wouldn't just send me horror scripts and here I get a male stripper movie. They told me it was going to star Channing Tatum, but this was before The Vow and 21 Jump Street. And then they said Steven Soderbergh was directing it. I was like 'How are these things all in the same sentence? I don't get it.' But then I read it…and I got it."
2. Soderbergh didn't let her see the boys dance until it was time for her character to go to the club.
3. She once went to a male revue in downtown LA during high school—but sadly she didn't get in!
4. She looks up to actresses like Sandra Bullock and Hilary Swank as role models both for their acting choices and how they conduct themselves in the business.
5. Cody considers herself "old school" which means she's not so into social media. But she does love CNN.com—it's her favorite site.
6. She loved working with director Steven Soderbergh because "I really felt like an actor who was paid to do a job." We think we'd appreciate that no-fuss approach too.
7. She does have a stylist. "I got to work with Elizabeth Stewart who is brilliant!" Stewart also works with the likes of Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Cate Blanchett. Pretty good company, we'd say.
8. Cody's favorite designers/brands: Stronghold Jeans ("great unprocessed denim"), Dolce & Gabbana, Jean-Paul Gaultier
9. "I'm having fun playing with clothes now. I didn't used to appreciate the clothes as much when I was modeling. It was a job."
10. "I recently chopped off all my hair so now I feel the need to 'feminine up' my clothes a bit."
We can't wait to see what Cody does next!