Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
By now you've seen Magic Mike, right? And if you haven't…what are you waiting for??? In between swooning over Channing Tatum's sweet moves and Matthew McConnaughey's abs, you'll notice a very lovely young lady at the center of all that testosterone. That would be Cody Horn, the former model and daughter of Hollywood exec Alan Horn. You may recognize her from her stints on The Office and Rescue Me and this fall she'll appear with Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna Kendrick and America Ferrera in End of Watch. We chatted with this star on the rise and learned a few things we thought we'd share.
1. Her first reaction to hearing about the Magic Mike project probably wasn't much different than yours. "I had signed with this agency because they wouldn't just send me horror scripts and here I get a male stripper movie. They told me it was going to star Channing Tatum, but this was before The Vow and 21 Jump Street. And then they said Steven Soderbergh was directing it. I was like 'How are these things all in the same sentence? I don't get it.' But then I read it…and I got it."
2. Soderbergh didn't let her see the boys dance until it was time for her character to go to the club.
3. She once went to a male revue in downtown LA during high school—but sadly she didn't get in!
4. She looks up to actresses like Sandra Bullock and Hilary Swank as role models both for their acting choices and how they conduct themselves in the business.
5. Cody considers herself "old school" which means she's not so into social media. But she does love CNN.com—it's her favorite site.
6. She loved working with director Steven Soderbergh because "I really felt like an actor who was paid to do a job." We think we'd appreciate that no-fuss approach too.
7. She does have a stylist. "I got to work with Elizabeth Stewart who is brilliant!" Stewart also works with the likes of Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Cate Blanchett. Pretty good company, we'd say.
8. Cody's favorite designers/brands: Stronghold Jeans ("great unprocessed denim"), Dolce & Gabbana, Jean-Paul Gaultier
9. "I'm having fun playing with clothes now. I didn't used to appreciate the clothes as much when I was modeling. It was a job."
10. "I recently chopped off all my hair so now I feel the need to 'feminine up' my clothes a bit."
We can't wait to see what Cody does next!
24 Hours With Courteney Cox
The Homecourt founder on fitness, her favorite music, and the fact that she’s just not into brushing her hair.
By Deena Campbell
What You Need to Know About Paid Leave Before the Midterms
Earlier this year, a rare opportunity to finally fill the holes in our care infrastructure wasn't taken. But the leader of the new Paid Leave PAC is here to tell you it’s not over.
By Tanya Benedicto Klich
Easy Halloween Eye Makeup Ideas That Don’t Require a Costume
From spooky vampire tutorials to the classic cat whiskers.
By Samantha Holender
Super Rare Photos of Queen Elizabeth as a Young Woman
From childhood snapshots to portraits as a young princess, beautiful and rare photos of the late Queen Elizabeth as a young woman.
By Mehera Bonner
King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla's Relationship: A Timeline
With the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles has ascended to the throne as king.
By The Editors
Who Is Next in Line for the British Throne, Explained
And yes—Harry and Archie are still in the line of succession.
By Andrea Park
Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Fiancé Riley Roberts?
AOC's husband-to-be is an "easygoing redhead" who lives with her in D.C.
By Katherine J Igoe
68 Times the Kardashians Posed Fully Nude and Owned It
And we mean fully nude—as in, not a shred of clothing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
Who Is Jonathan Owens, Simone Biles's Fiancé and NFL Player?
"The easiest yes!" Simone wrote about the couple's engagement.
By The Editors
Surprise! Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Nick Jonas Are Parents
They welcomed a baby via surrogate.
By Neha Prakash
Meghan and Harry Share First Photo of Their Daughter Lilibet Diana
The Sussex's holiday card is here!
By Rachel Epstein