Yes, you could slap on a pair of ears and a bodysuit and call yourself a mouse (duh), but it's always more fun to get creative for Halloween—from your hair to your carefully curated outfit. This year, draw inspiration for your homemade costume from these 60 pop-culture characters, ranging from culturally relevant to all-time classics.
3. Le Specs Cat-Eye Tortoiseshell Acetate Sunglasses, $60
4. Pearl Necklace, $195
5. Long Black Nylon Gloves, $8
A coffee and croissant in hand and you're all set to play one of Manhattan's most iconic silver screen socialites, Holly Golightly. The best part about this outfit is that you probably already own the work-friendly black sheath: now all you have to do is some light shopping on the accessories.
1. Simone Rocha Red Hairclip, $145
2. Stand Studio Faux Fur Coat, $499
3. Lacoste Cotton Pique Polo Dress, $61
4. GH Bass Loafer, $79
Some heavy eyeliner and a blunt bob are the final accents to this iconic indie role. You could probably source everything from a faux-fur coat to some worn-in loafers at a local thrift store, too.
1. Reversible Satin Bomber Jacket, $150
2. Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Raglan Tee-Shirt, $22
3. Gold Spike Stretch Bracelet, $16.20
4. Converse Chuck Taylor Stars and Stripes High Top, $60
Load up on the spiked gold jewelry and eye makeup this year to play Suicide Squad baddie Harley Quinn. To complete the look, check out this makeup moment for inspiration and chalk-dye your hair in red, white, and blue.
1. Free People Bodysuit, $58
2. Flannel Check Long Sleeve Shirt, $60
3. Moto Rich Indigo Jamie Jeans, $40
4. Black Booties, $85
Mickey, the lovable stoner cynic on Netflix's Love, also happens to have one of the most recognizable outfit combos in recent TV history, and we're okay with wearing this one way past Halloween.
1. Retro Hippie Round Colour Lens Glasses, $10
2. Silk Cowl Cami, $68.00
3. Fishtail Pants, $ 145.00
4. Shearling Coat, $1,995
Penny Lane's cool Band Aid aesthetic (complete with wild curls) from Almost Famous never gets old. This year, emulate the Free Love-era with a '70s-inspired Mongolian fur shawl collar and Penny's signature blue tinted lenses
1. Off-the-Shoulder Bodysuit, $37
2. Gold Hoop Earrings, $22
3. Faux Leather Leggings, $98
4. Charles David Electric Slide, $89
5. Rouge Allure Intense Long-Wear Lip Colour in 'Pirate,' $38
The Grease heroine is a classic for Halloween moments from a red lip and tight curls to thigh-hugging leather. "Tell me about it, stud."
1. Orange Scrubs, $17
2. Vintage Wash Crewneck Tee, $18
3. Vans Navy Sneakers, $49.95
4. Butterfly Temporary Tattoo, $8
Nab Piper's look (or another of your favorite prison characters) from Orange Is the New Black with a pair of tangerine scrubs, understated sneakers, and a temporary tattoo—the more visible the ink, the better.