As summer winds down, so does seasonal romances. You say goodbye to the boy you met at the beach as you head back to the city, both of you deciding it's better to just be friends. But the change in season doesn't always represent a change in relationship status. For some blossoming couples, the beginning of fall is a time to take your relationship from casual to serious. A new survey from Merck says that the reasons in the below infographic are the biggest signs that you and your fling are ready to take the plunge into full-on relationship status. These reasons may have the numbers behind him, but we've rounded up a few more signals that your summer romance is ready to be the real deal.
1. You let him see you pre-morning routine. Any guy who loves you sans makeup and bare-faced in the morning is a keeper.
2. He's met your friends—and you've met his. It's not easy to win the approval of your girls—or his guys, but when it happens you're in.
3. You feel comfortable telling him more personal details about your life. The right guy is the one you'll cry in front of after a fight with your friend or a bad day at work.
4. He's the first person you want to share good news with. Nabbed that promotion? Found an extra $20 in your pocket? It's his number you're dialing.
5. He totally understands when you need your alone time. No matter how much you love someone, sometimes you just need to re-watch Sex And The City undisturbed. And he gets that.
6. He'll binge watch your favorite show of the moment with you. And eventually becomes as obsessed as you are.
7. You actually feel comfortable at his place. It's not like a guy's museum of things you shouldn't touch anymore.
8. You make regular appearances on his social media. Even if you're not yet Facebook official, if you're the recipent of wall posts and Instagram tags, he's interested.
Check out the signals with the numbers behind them, from Merck:
Diana is a producer at ELLE.com. She previously wrote for MarieClaire.com. Diana is a Syracuse grad and a Chicago native, and therefore a pro at dealing with cold weather. She's also an Anglophile, which means she love all things British—especially Downton Abbey, London, and Will and Kate (and Prince George!)
The 16 Best Sex Games to Spice Up Date Night With
Game night, but make it hot.
By The Editors
The 56 Most Popular Vibrators, Reviewed by Experts
The most trusted source in feelin' yourself.
By Alanna Greco
COVID Forced My Polyamorous Marriage to Become Monogamous
For Melanie LaForce, pandemic-induced social distancing guidelines meant she could no longer see men outside of her marriage. But monogamy didn't just change her relationship with her husband—it changed her relationship with herself.
By Melanie LaForce
Four Flirting Fun Facts--With Research to Back Them Up!
My pal Judy Dutton just wrote an excellent new book: How We Do It: How the Science of Sex Can Make You a Better Lover. She's chatted with me about the psychological studies that show how best to flirt; what kind of pick-up lines work best; and what you're really saying with your body language.
By Maura Kelly
100 Sex Songs That Won't Make You Cringe
Dim the lights and hit play on this sex songs — the perfect playlist of songs to have sex to.
By The Editors
75 Movie Sex Scenes That Are 100 Percent Real
These actors aren't faking anything.
By Mehera Bonner
33 Unexpected Valentine's Day 2022 Date Ideas
A.k.a. not dinner and roses.
By The Editors
Cult Status Satisfyer Vibrators Are Under $40 for Prime Day
4 stars, 16k reviews...yeah, this vibe's got a massive fan club (for good reason).
By Carina Hsieh