Remixes for Your Workout
Photo Credit: ranplett/iStock
Spring break is, perhaps, the busiest time of year for a DJ. In prepping for this year's dance bonanza, I stumbled across a few remixes I hadn't already heard. I thought I'd share them here, in case you missed some of them as well.
Most are uptempo versions of songs that might not otherwise work in a club (or the gym). To that end, you'll find Chad from the Neptunes reworking The All-American Rejects, while Cobra Starship try to make Fall Out Boy sound more like...Cobra Starship.
In other instances, though, it's the verses or vocalists who've changed while the music remains largely the same. Accordingly, Lil Wayne and Chamillionaire both turn up in "Party Like a Rockstar," while Fergie trades lines with MJ on a love-it-or-hate-it version of "Beat It."
1. Ludacris, Ciara & Pitbull - How Low (Remix) - 145 BPM
2. The All-American Rejects - Move Along (Chad Hugo Remix) - 131 BPM
3. Orianthi - According to You (Jason Sangerman Remix) - 132 BPM
4. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Naturally (Disco Fries Remix) - 131 BPM
5. Shop Boyz, Lil Wayne & Chamillionaire - Party Like A Rockstar (Remix) - 147 BPM
6. Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care (Cobra Starship Suave Suarez Remix) - 139 BPM
7. Michael Jackson & Fergie - Beat It (Thriller 25th Anniversary Remix) - 138 BPM
8. Feist - Sealion (Chromeo Remix) - 119 BPM
9. Benny Benassi vs Public Enemy - Bring The Noise (Pump-kin Remix) - 126 BPM
10. Madonna & Justin Timberlake - 4 Minutes (Junkie XL Remix Radio Edit) - 131 BPM
MC's resident DJ Chris Lawhorn weeds through each week's releases to find the best, new music for a workout. The highlights are presented here, organized by their beats per minute.
More songs and resources for matching them to the pace of your routine can be found on RunHundred.com.