This post contains spoilers for Game of Thrones.
Game of Thrones has never been precious about killing off beloved characters, but one death on Sunday's episode "The Queen's Justice" really hurt—Olenna Tyrell, née Redwyne, AKA the Queen of Thorns. She didn't appear until season three, but she brought an incomparable level of sass to every scene she was in and struck fear in the hearts of King's Landing's greatest wordsmiths. She was like a Westerosi Dowager Countess: Never wrong and not totally clear on the concept of a "weekend." To memorialize Olenna, here's a list of her best quips ever. RIP, you salty old dame. You will be missed.
1. I want her to know it was me. This is one of the greatest mic drops in Game of Thrones history, if not the greatest. Olenna hates Cersei so much that she used her last words just to rub it in that she killed her son. Olenna Tyrell is goals (minus the murder, but honestly Joffrey had it coming).
2. I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met. At a certain age it's hard to recall, but the truly vile do stand out through the years. To Cersei. Who else?
3. Are you here to seduce me? Oh no, please seduce away. It's been so long. Though I rather think it's all for naught. What happens when the nonexistent bumps against the decrepit? Only a master can insult herself and still make the other person feel worse.
4. Not now, Mace. Lord Tywin and I are speaking. To her own son.
5. My dear, you have been stripped of your dignity and authority, publicly shamed, and confined to the Red Keep. What's left to work with? Nothing like kicking your enemy when she's down.
6. What is your name again? Barbaro? Obara really should have changed it.
7. Do shut up, dear. All-purpose, really.
8. Anything from you? No? Good. Let the grown women speak.
9. You can smell the shit from five miles away. On King's Landing.
10. I was told you were drunk, impertinent, and thoroughly debauched. You can imagine my disappointment at finding nothing but a browbeaten bookkeeper. Such a good read that even Tyrion, Master of Insults, was incapable of a comeback.
11. A sword swallower through and through. On her own grandson.
12. The lords of Westeros are sheep. Are you a sheep? No. You're a dragon. Be a dragon. Listen to Olenna, Daenerys!
13. What veil? This is how Olenna responds when someone accuses her of making a "veiled" threat, and you should start using it in your everyday life.
14. Put the pen down dear, we both know you're not writing anything. Do you need some ice for that burn, Cersei? Because you could definitely get some up North.
15. The cheese will be served when I want it served, and I want it served now. Words to live by.
16. He really was a c*nt, wasn't he? On Joffrey.
17. Get some rest, dear. You look appalling. To her own granddaughter.
18. I do appreciate these things can get a bit confusing in your family.
19. I've known a great many clever men. I've outlived them all. You know why? I ignored them.
Follow Marie Claire on Facebook for the latest celeb news, beauty tips, fascinating reads, livestream video, and more.