Impress him with your prowess in the kitchen with this incredible dish from Soby's Chef Shaun Garcia.
Shopping List for the Pork:
1 pork tenderloin
7-9 slices Applewood smoked bacon
Instructions for How to Prepare the Pork:
1. Rinse the pork under cold water and pat dry with paper towels and remove all visible fat and silver skin with a sharp boning knife.
2. Tear a piece of 18-inch wide plastic wrap that's approximately two feet long. Lay the plastic with the short end facing you.
3. Starting about 3 inches from the left side, lay the bacon slices vertically side by side slightly overlapping until you have created a"mat" equal to the length of the pork tenderloin (approx. 7 to 9 slices).
4. Lay the tenderloin horizontally on the bacon about 1 inch from the bottom edge so the tenderloin lies across all the strips of bacon. Using the plastic wrap, tightly wrap the bacon around the tenderloin until it overlaps and no bacon sticks out. Be careful not to wrap the plastic into the roll. Continue to roll up the plastic until it is completely wrapped around the tenderloin. With both hands, grab the ends of the plastic wrap and twist them by rolling the log away from you on the table until the entire roll becomes tight. Fold the twisted ends under the package and wrap the entire package in another piece of plastic wrap to hold the ends in place.
5. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
Here's How to Roll the Pork Tenderloin in Bacon:
Instructions for How to Cook Your Pork Tenderloin:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray.
2. Carefully remove the plastic wrap and place the tenderloins seam side down in the pan. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the meat reads 145ºF. Remove the meat from the oven.
3. Loosely cover the meat with foil and allow it to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Instructions for Making Broccolini:
You will want to blanch the broccolini to keep the beautiful bright color and crisp tenderness. It's simpler than you'd think:
1. Wash and cut amount desired.
2. Fill a pot with water. Use a pot large enough to hold two parts water to one part vegetables and season the water with approximately 2 tablespoons salt per quart of water. Bring to a rapid boil.
3. Prepare a bowl of ice water large enough to hold the vegetables.
4. Plunge the broccolini into the boiling water and boil until they have almost reached the desired level of tenderness (about 1 minute).
5. Quickly strain the water off of the vegetables and plunge the vegetables into the ice water and remove once the broccolini are cold.
6. Sauté the broccolini in the butter sauce (recipe to follow) and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Shopping List for the Butter Sauce:
1/4 lb Butter
1 Tbs Water
1⁄6 cup Heavy Cream
1 Tbs Habanero Hot Sauce*
3/4 tsp Salt
Instructions for Making the Butter Sauce:
1. Place 2 tablespoons butter, water, and heavy cream into a saucepan.
2. Place the remaining butter into another saucepan.
3. Bring the first pan just to a boil.
4. Gently warm the second pan on medium-low until the butter is melted.
5. Remove both pans from the heat.
6. Pour the contents of the first pan into a blender and blend on high.
7. While blending, drizzle in the melted butter, hot sauce, and salt. Keep the sauce warm over very low heat until ready to serve.
To serve slice each tenderloin into six equal pieces. Arrange three pieces on each plate with the sautéed broccolini. Finish with the butter sauce.
I Scoured Through Hundreds of Runway Shows—These Are the Color Trends of Summer 2023
From the neutrals of quiet luxury to highly-saturated statements.
By Emma Childs
Unearthed Prince Harry Interview from 2017 Reveals He Already Wanted Out of the Royal Family—But Stayed for One Reason
He and wife Meghan Markle eventually left their roles as senior royals in 2020.
By Rachel Burchfield
Matty Healy Addressed His Podcast Controversy: "It Doesn't Actually Matter"
By Iris Goldsztajn
Meet the Woman Blending the Traditional and the Modern in French Winemaking
How Florence Haynes combined the traditional and the contemporary for Gratien & Meyer Crémant de Loire.
The 10 Best Nonstick Cookware Sets
The nonstick pans, pots, and skillets that make cooking easy.
By Nicole Papantoniou, Good Housekeeping Institute
9 Starbucks Drinks You Can Recreate at Home
Get ready to sit back and enjoy.
By Bianca Rodriguez
The Royal Family Shared the Recipe for the Queen's Favorite Boozy Christmas Pudding
The Royal Family Twitter account shared the royal chef's recipe for the Queen's favorite boozy Christmas pudding.
By Kayleigh Roberts
5 Best Soda Streams for Convenient Carbonation
Upgrade your sparkling water game with a Soda Stream carbonator that'll fizz up drinks in a flash.
By Zarah A. Kavarana
3 Pro Tips for Putting Together the Best Bouquets
Essential advice for everyday enthusiasts and budding florists alike.
By Marie Claire
39 Super Easy Fourth of July Cocktails to Try
Forget the fireworks. The real show is what you can make with your bar cart.
By Bianca Rodriguez
15 Percent Pledge Calls On Stores to Dedicate Shelf Space to Black-Owned Businesses
"We must do better. So, we’re starting now."
By Kristin Salaky