Your Best Workout Songs For: Lifting
Photo Credit: Apple
The perfect songs to get you pumped up at the gym! Featuring everyone from Justin Timberlake to Green Day, this playlist is sure to motivate you and your muscles.
1. Around the World - Red Hot Chili Peppers - 96 BPM
2. Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin - 117 BPM
3. Bug A Boo - Destiny's Child - 105 BPM
4. Shattered - The Rolling Stones - 141 BPM
5. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz - 139 BPM
6. Kiss - Prince - 112 BPM
7. Damn Girl - Justin Timberlake - 111 BPM
8. Superstition - Stevie Wonder - 101 BPM
9. Basket Case - Green Day - 88 BPM
10. Take Your Mama - Scissor Sisters - 154 BPM
MC's resident DJ Chris Lawhorn weeds through the Top 40 charts to find the best new workout music. The songs are organized, by beats per minute, into playlists designed to match the speed of your routine, while maximizing its results.
Chris Lawhorn spent his teens playing in punk and folk bands in Fort Wayne, IN. Apart from the occasional solo album, the rocking has taken a backseat to DJing and production for his Case/Martingale label. Thankfully, this means that time once spent sleeping in the back of a van has since been freed up to scour places like Buenos Aires and Osaka for new music.
Chris has a bachelor's degree in English and Telecommunications from Ball State University. It finally went to use in creating RunHundred.com - a website that helps people find music that fits the pace of their workouts.