1. Today marks the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing. The day will be marked with a series of tributes, including a memorial service where Vice President Joe Biden is scheduled to speak. The city will observe a moment of silence at 2:49 p.m. when the first bomb went off. Next week, runners will gather on Monday, April 21 for the 118th Boston Marathon. Celeste and Sydney Corcoran, the mother and daughter who were both injured in the attack, plan to return to the race this year.
2. The Victoria's Secret fashion show is moving across the pond. Models Adriana Lima and Candice Swanepoel announced the news Tuesday, saying that the lingerie show will take place at Earls Court in London. Cheers to the British capital for hosting its first-ever Victoria's Secret show.
3. You can catch your first peek at the official Gone Girl trailer here. David Fincher's adaptation of Gillian Flynn's bestseller will hit theaters in October.
4. This new study about young women's perceptions of sexual violence is flat out depressing. Young women consider sexual harassment, violence, and coercion "normal" so they do not report incidents of assault, according to a forthcoming study that will be published in Gender & Society. Sociologist Heather R. Hlavka interviewed 100 girls between the ages of three and 17 years old who were identified as potential victims of sexual assault. She found that, "Male power and privilege and female acquiescence were reified in descriptions of 'routine' and 'normal' sexualized interactions...Assaultive behaviors were often justified, especially when characterized as indiscriminate."
5. For reasons that elude rational thought, people are still tweeting bomb threats to airlines. Over the weekend, a Twitter user named "Sarah" tweeted a terrorist threat to American Airlines as a joke (ha ha ha hilarious!), which resulted in the arrest of the Dutch teen girl who reportedly sent the message. And the Internet has responded to the whole debacle in kind, with some users tweeting more bomb threat "jokes" to airlines' Twitter accounts.
6. Taylor Swift crashed a super-fan's bridal shower! Traditionally, the groom is supposed to make a surprise appearance during the event, but let's be honest—a Taylor Swift cameo is probably way more exciting for brides everywhere.