The real devil in traditional deviled eggs is the fatty yolk-eat a measly three and you'll rack up almost 200 calories. This sneaky cauliflower trick lets you gobble five pieces for a slim 99 calories and 2½ grams of fat.
1. Place 2 cups roughly chopped orange cauliflower (if you can't find orange, use white cauliflower and add some yellow food coloring) in a large, microwave-safe bowl, along with 1/3 cup water.
2. Cover and nuke until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, mash with a fork, and transfer to a blender.
3. Add ¼ cup fat-free mayo and puree until just blended.
4. Pour into a mixing bowl and add 3 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese, 1 Tbsp sweet relish (patted dry), 2 tsp minced shallots, and 1½ tsp yellow mustard.
5. Stir until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Chill for 1 hour.
7. When ready to serve, distribute cauliflower filling among 10 boiled egg whites, halved (toss the yolks), and sprinkle with paprika.
Makes 4 servings, 5 pieces each.
CREAMY DREAMY MACARONI SALAD
You can have a heaping cup for only 130 calories; classic mac salad is double that.
1. Cook 3 oz (about ¾ cup) elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and cool.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 Tbsp fat-free mayo, 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 2 tsp white vinegar, a dash each of salt and black pepper, and 1 tsp granulated sugar.
3. Place cooled macaroni in a large bowl with 1 cup broccoli slaw (or shredded broccoli stems), ½ cup chopped celery, ½ cup chopped red bell pepper, 2 Tbsp chopped onion, 1 Tbsp sweet relish, and 3 large hard-boiled egg whites, chopped.
4. Add dressing and toss to coat.
5. Refrigerate until chilled.
Makes 4 servings, 1 heaping cup each.
A 1-cup serving of standard coleslaw has about 400 calories and 30 grams of fat. This one's just as tangy and yummy, at about 75 calories and ½ gram of fat.
1. In a large bowl, mix ¼ cup fat-free mayo, ¼ cup fat-free sour cream, 2½ Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar, 1 Tbsp granulated sugar, 1 tsp Dijonnaise, and ¼ tsp seasoned salt.
2. Add a 16-oz bag of coleslaw mix (or 6 cups of shredded cabbage) and toss to coat.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours for dressing to set.
Makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Sofia Richie Grainge's Favorite Foundation is On Sale Right Now at Sephora
There's no better time to try them than now.
By Brooke Knappenberger
Makeup Brush Sets for Creating the Perfect Looks
Options for makeup experts and beginners alike.
By Gabrielle Ulubay
Meg Bellamy of ‘The Crown’ Was Nervous to Recreate Kate Middleton’s Iconic Charity Fashion Show Walk
“I would love her to think fondly of it.”
By Rachel Burchfield
9 Starbucks Drinks You Can Recreate at Home
Get ready to sit back and enjoy.
By Bianca Rodriguez
50 Vodka Cocktail Recipes That Taste as Good as They Look
There's so much more to vodka than those cringey college shots. Here, 50 easy vodka cocktail recipes to make sure you never think of clear stuff the same way again.
By Megan DiTrolio
19 Amazing Starbucks Secret Menu Drinks
These secrets were meant for sharing.
By Bianca Rodriguez
72 Summer Cocktail Recipes You Can Easily Make at Home
Please excuse my margarita and I while we lounge by the pool.
By Rachel Epstein
13 Cocktails That Will Teleport You Straight to an Island
Tropical sips = vacation in a glass.
By Sara Holzman
How to Make a Moscow Mule Like a Pro
A true classic.
By Lori Keong
How to Grow Your Own Cocktail Garden
Muddled drinks at home? Say no more.
By Gabriella Verdugo
The Quick and Dirty Way to Make an Old Fashioned Cocktail
Calling all bourbon fans.
By The Editors