1. Prevention. Believe it or not, bags can be prevented. Limit caffeine, salt, and alcohol. Drink water.
2. Use ice or chilled spoons. Aerobic exercise also helps drain fluids.
3. Apply shimmer-containing cream. Makeup can help hide dark circles. Start with a shimmer-containing cream. Apply below the eyes to reflect light.
4. Apply concealer.
- Use a yellow-based concealer, one shade lighter than your skin tone. Apply this directly to the dark area. To apply evenly, use a concealer brush. An orange concealer works really well if the dark circles are especially blue. If you dont have orange, mix a little red lipstick with your normal concealer. This will create a peach-colored shade.
- Identify dark areas. Be careful not to conceal areas that arent dark or youll get a raccoon look.
- Concentrate on the inside of the nose and under the eyes.
- Apply loose or pressed powder to set concealer.
5. Shift focus to eyelids. If the concealer isnt doing the trick, try drawing attention away from your eyes. Apply black eyeliner to your upper lash line only. Then apply mascara to the upper lashes.
6. Use shimmery eye shadow.
Check out Marie Claires how-to video for visual instructions!
Get the Look: Under-Eye Solutions