1. Brunch and its incredible significance in your life. Where else can you rehash events from the night before with your friends, drink, and order Eggs Benedict?
2. The struggle over whether you should give up trying to get a taxi after 20 minutes. Or fight to the finish since you've already made it so far.
3. You know that pigeons defecating on your newly blown out hair is not, in fact, "good luck."
4. Each corner becomes a race to see if you can beat Suit Guy or Sneaker Lady to the next corner. And it counts as your workout for the day.
5. The importance of geo-tagging on Instagram. How else will I know what everyone at this restaurant has ordered before me?
6. The feeling of panic when you realize you may have left your apartment without your cell phone. There's NO way you're climbing up those five flights of stairs again.
7. That it's socially acceptable to ask people how much they pay in rent each month. And then shed one glistening tear when they explain that their apartment is rent-controlled… and has a backyard.
8. Get irrationally mad at the slow walker in front of you. I'm late for work! Are you a snail? Is this a sidewalk for snails? I didn't think so!
9. And then overwhelmed with guilt when you realize it's a senior citizen. Oops. Take your time ma'am.
10. Pizza has never tasted better (or had less calories!) than when eaten at 3am. Who needs dinner when you can fill up on bar snacks and beers and then fall asleep with a pizza in your bed?
11. Rooftop parties. And how many Instagram likes they score you.
12. The threat of a sidewalk grate-related death at any moment. When, I ask you, are those going to be outlawed? Who can I tweet about this?
13. You're not mad when air conditioner goo sprays on you from above. It's refreshing!
14. Commuting is "me" time. I just want to sit here, listen to to my embarrassing playlist on Spotify's privacy setting, and not talk.
15. When visiting relatives comment on the foul smell. You're completely immune.
16. You've seen the same person panhandling on the same corner now for seven years. You know each other by name.
17. Your walk home can include a cocktail, a major shopping jaunt, running into an ex, and petting at least three dogs. In no particular order.
[image id='9682d4c1-e387-4445-9964-e9db395a928c' mediaId='84556dd0-25a8-48ae-b5f6-fb3219fa1f90' loc='C'][/image]
Photo Credit: Instagram
32 Best Mother's Day Gifts to Show How Much You Appreciate Her
Here, 32 Mother's Day gifts your mom will love to use in the house, whether she's into fitness, home decor, or trendy accessories.
By Rachel Epstein
PSA: Amazon Is Having a Secret Sale on Weighted Blankets
Couldn't we all use a little sedative action right now?
By Kelsey Mulvey
The Iconic House from "The Golden Girls" Has Been Put on the Market for the First Time Ever
This is MAJOR.
By Kelly Corbett
The Prints by Black Women Artists Your Walls Have Been Missing
You're going to need a lot of Command strips for this haul.
By Bianca Rodriguez
All of the Moons That Are Expected In 2020
Keep your eyes on the skies this year.
By Nathalie Kirby
A Super Pink Moon Will Be Visible Tonight
It's the biggest, brightest supermoon of the year.
By Isabel Garcia
Chrissy Teigen Says Nothing Else Compares To This Cozy Barefoot Dreams Blanket
"I use mine 365."
By Jasmine Gomez
17 Books About Fashion Your Coffee Table Is Missing
The perfect low-key accent piece.
By Bianca Rodriguez