2016 is upon us! Rather than introduce unrealistic fitness goals (no, not #goals), instate oppressive dietary restrictions, and attempt to sober up, as we bid adieu to 2015, why not take a moment to
Marie Kondo examine the way we speak?
Here, a complete list of everything we exhausted over the last 12 months, and a few phrases that we plan to ruin this year.
- Basic: Let's be more imaginative.http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA1LzE5LzNlL2Rpc2lja3BlYXNhLmIwZjBkLmdpZgpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/13e8b71f/5bd/disickpeasants.gif
- Mood: You're a National Geographic animal. OMG. Lol.
- YAS: Because I still don't know what it really means.
- #Goals: If everything is #goals, then what is really goals?
- No new friends: We get it, your squad is super selective.http://i.imgur.com/KqPxxij.gif
- Which brings us to #squad: Thank you, Taylor Swift for the most done-to-death trope of 2015
- On fleek: Even less forgivable when used ironically at this point
- I can't: You can
- Tho: It's time to add the "ugh" back in
- #Blessed: Blessed can be unofficially traced back to every award acceptance speech Beyonce has ever given. Is free Chipotle a blessing? Idk, ask Big Sean.
Blessed with this VIP card! free chipotle everyday its lit! 🙏 https://t.co/UGgDl1GiiK
— Big Sean (@BigSean) August" class="redactor-linkify-object">https://twitter.com/BigSean/status/636421793889259... 26, 2015
- Which brings us to "lit": RIP lit, which died on December 25th, 2015 with every illuminated Christmas tree on Instagram captioned, "It's lit."
What still kicks...
- "This could be us but_____"
- Congratulations you played yourself: Because "major key" *insert key emoji* has already been translated into nail art (smh), and if you're still saying it...http://i.imgur.com/mIcfjdj.gif
- WHAT ARE THOSE? Because how else are we supposed to identify Jordans, Lip Kits, alleged engagement rings, etc.?
- Fuckboy: Until a new name for men still wearing man-buns and texting "u up?" at 2 a.m. enters the vernacular, "fuckboy" stays.
Follow Marie Claire on Instagram for the latest celeb news, pretty pics, funny stuff, and an insider POV.