We've always been ones for a fringe moment, and the runways — namely Michael Kors (pictured), Chanel, and Lanvin — have given us plenty of inspiration for fall. While the trimming inherently evokes imagery of Gatsby era or the Old West, it's still a modern way to add garnish and movement to a look. And because it's an embellishment of the non-sparkly persuasion, you can dress it up or down as you please.
For day, you can take a more subtle approach by throwing on a fringed kimono or belt. In the evening, paint the town red in a thready, free-flowing cocktail number. Shop 7 of our favorite picks, below:
1. Just Cavalli Fringed Dress, $1,025; stylebop.com.
2. Topshop Lace Fringe Kimono, $60; topshop.com.
3. Zara Printed Jacket With Fringes, $79.90; zara.com.
4. H&M Tank Top with Fringe, $14.95; hm.com.
5. BCBG Fringe Contour Waist Belt, $98; bcbg.com.
6. Haute Hippie Trapped Rayon Fringe Skirt with Leather; $545; revolve.com.
7. Tim Ryan Multi Pink Chevron Fringe Top, $860; avenue32.com.