Signing deals with major artists like Lady Gaga is par for the course for Jody Gerson, co-president of Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Here, she reveals the contents of her bag.
1. Ultima Replenisher: "I always keep packets of grape flavor with me for times when I feel dehydrated. You just shake it into your water bottle for extra electrolytes with zero sugar."
2. IPhone: "I'm a two-phoner—a BlackBerry for work and an iPhone for personal use. I use Shazam if I hear a snippet of a song that I can't identify."
3. Wallet: "I carry the same $2 bill in my Prada wallet that my dad kept in his wallet for good luck."
4. Place card: "I was recently honored at Billboard's Women in Music—the seating card is still in my bag."
5. Sons of Anarchy, seasons two and three: "On my last trip to Tokyo, I watched the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy, and now I'm racing through the third."
6. NanoGreens: "When I get slammed at work and need a lift, I add a scoop of NanoGreens to hot water and drink it like tea."
7. Ray-Ban sunglasses: "I can't drive without them. I have black frames for summertime and gold-rimmed frames with pink lenses for winter."
8. Nars Velvet Matte lip pencils: "Depending on my mood, I wear Damned, Bettina, or Sex Machine lip pencils as lipstick. I prefer a matte look and love that lip pencils last longer than regular lipstick."
9, 15. Ticket stubs: "I go to a lot of shows and have ticket stubs floating around my purse, from Sara Bareilles and Oh Land concerts to a backstage pass from Kiss FM's Jingle Ball, and probably many more."
10. Kiehl's Musk Oil rollerball: "My mom had a friend who always wore this scent. I thought she was so incredibly cool. I just love the smell of it."
11. Family photo: "This picture of my kids was taken at the premiere of the Justin Bieber movie. Julian, my eldest, is friends with Justin, so we all went."
12. Lady Gaga compact: "I signed Gaga to her publishing deal four years ago. In our first meeting, she told me that she was going to be the biggest star in the world, so for me to walk into Gaga's Holiday Workshop at Barneys last winter was a thrill!"
13. Postcard: "I have a sweet card from my daughter that says, 'I'm thankful for my mom because she loves me and she makes me cool.'"
14. Synergy Mist: "I've been going to facialist Dayle Breault once a month for eight years. I can't step on a plane without her Synergy Mist. The aroma is calming and uplifting."
We want to know what you think about MC@Work. Click here to tell us!