1. Remove leg hair. There are three major ways to remove leg hair: razor, hair removing creams, and waxing.
3. Choose tinted self tanner. This way you will be able to see any streaks. For an even application, try mixing the tanner with fragrance free body lotion.
4. Blend in well. Your skin will look smoother and the color more even.
5. Wash hands thoroughly. With soap and water to avoid any staining.
6. Use polish remover to remove dark spots. If you notice dark spots, use a cotton ball with non-acetone nail polish remover. Gently wipe it over the area to remove some of the tanner.
Check out Marie Claires how-to video for visual instructions and more helpful hints!
Get the Look: Self Tanning Legs