Too much shampooing can dry out your hair. If you have to shampoo it everyday, make sure you use a moisturizing conditioner. If you can, wash your hair every other day. This will lock in the hairs natural oil and prevent it from drying out.
1. Brush conditioner through hair. When youre in the shower, use your fingers as a brush while the conditioner is still in. If you have time, leave the conditioner on your hair for a few minutes to make sure it really soaks in. Then rinse.
2. Loosen tangles with a pick. If your curls leave your hair with tangles, use a pick comb to loosen up the strands.
3. Towel dry hair and apply anti-frizz serum. Make sure you use enough to really work through your hair.
4. Blow dry. When you blow dry, use a round brush and a nozzle on the hair dryer. The nozzle directs the heat down the hair shaft, smoothing it out. Make sure you blow dry in a downward motion. If youre letting your hair dry naturally, try not to touch it too much, especially on humid days. Too much contact defeats the purpose of the serum.
5. Re-apply serum throughout the day. Too maintain this frizz-free look, keep serum on hand to apply throughout the day. Pour just a few drops into your hand and smooth over your hair for instant shine.
The best way to prevent frizz from taking over your life is to get a trim every six to eight weeks. This will prevent split ends, a major contributor to frizzy hair.
Check out Marie Claires how-to video for visual instructions!
Get the Look: Taming Frizz