Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Whether you're a SoulCycler, a Flywheeler, or something else entirely, those that spin know it's 45 minutes of sweat, strength, and unbridled emotion. Here, 10 things that go through our minds (or escape out of our mouths) every time we clip in—for better or worse:
1. This is stupid. This seat is broken and no one is helping me. I paid $34 for this?
2. Oh daaaaamn, I like this song. Hot damn this is a good one. I'm gonna just casually mouth the words and get the whole class asking how I does that.
3. Is that girl in the bandana serious? Take it down a notch, sister.
4. Who on earth thinks choreography and stationary bikes are compatible. Like, I'm sorry, but who?
5. [Singing] "…WEEP, little li-ON man, you're not as brave as you were at the staaaart."
6. Is it time for arms yet?
7. Are arms over yet?
8. Sweet heavens, I feel potent. I am going to go spinning all day every day. Hell, I might become an instructor. I wonder how long instructor training is…Would I be nervous to speak in front of the class? Would I steer clear of affirmations? I'm definitely not dancing. That much I know. But I could totally do this. In fact, I will do this. I am going to become a spin instructor. How did I not figure this out sooner? It's all so clear to me!
9. How is this knob not in everyone else's crotch? Who stretches like this??
10. Move, move, move. Out of my way. Oh my god, this place is just too much…Cuuuuuute $88 sweatshirt, though!
30 Fitness Commandments to Live By (opens in new tab)
Related: I Biked 100 Miles to Work This Week (opens in new tab)
Photo Credit: Everett Collection
Gucci’s Latest Chime Zine Promotes Unity Through Storytelling
The special edition zine amplifies voices from the second annual virtual summit for gender equality.
By Sara Holzman
How Abortion Will Shape the November 2022 Elections—and How to Do Your Part
As we blaze through a highly charged midterm election season, Swing Left Executive Director Yasmin Radjy highlights rising stars who are fighting for women’s rights.
By Tanya Benedicto Klich
The Ending of 'Keep Breathing,' Explained
Does Liv make it out of the woods?
By Quinci LeGardye
Senator Klobuchar: "Early Detection Saves Lives. It Saved Mine"
Senator and breast cancer survivor Amy Klobuchar is encouraging women not to put off preventative care any longer.
By Senator Amy Klobuchar
How Being a Plus-Size Nude Model Made Me Finally Love My Body
I'm plus size, but after I decided to pose nude for photos, I suddenly felt more body positive.
By Kelly Burch
I'm an Egg Donor. Why Was It So Difficult for Me to Tell People That?
Much like abortion, surrogacy, and IVF, becoming an egg donor was a reproductive choice that felt unfit for society’s standards of womanhood.
By Lauryn Chamberlain
The 20 Best Probiotics to Keep Your Gut in Check
Gut health = wealth.
By Julia Marzovilla
Simone Biles Is Out of the Team Final at the Tokyo Olympics
She withdrew from the event due to a medical issue, according to USA Gymnastics.
By Rachel Epstein
The Truth About Thigh Gaps
We're going to need you to stop right there.
By Kenny Thapoung
3 Women On What It’s Like Living With An “Invisible” Condition
Despite having no outward signs, they can be brutal on the body and the mind. Here’s how each woman deals with having illnesses others often don’t understand.
By Emily Shiffer
The High Price of Living With Chronic Pain
Three women open up about how their conditions impact their bodies—and their wallets.
By Alice Oglethorpe