There's so much to love about autumn, and so much to be grateful for, it's hard to compile into one list. But we tried our best, and the following are our favorite things about what is arguably the most enchanted time of the year. Which one is your favorite?
1. The sound of crisp leaves rolling against the pavement.
2. The way the earth transforms from verdant green to vibrant shades of fall color.
3. Falling leaves.
4. And more specifically, the way the leaves look like fairies descending sleepily from trees in the early morning sun.
5. That golden autumn glow at dawn.
6. And the auburn glow at sunset.
7. The constant smell of crackling fires in the air.
8. The sound of trees rustling in the wind.
9. The sensation of jumping into a fresh pile of leaves.
10. The warm, haunting beauty of a lit jack-o'lantern.
11. The cozy elegance of candles and decorative gourds.
12. The thrill of wrapping yourself in a scarf on a chilly day.
13. Hot apple cider.
14. Pumpkin spice lattes.
15. A big bowl of soup.
16. Feeling cozy inside while observing a rainy autumn afternoon from the window.
Photo Credits: Oleksiy Maksymenko/Getty, nIGHTANDdayImages/Getty, sUSAN tRIGG/gETTY, Henrik Sorensen/Getty, Cavan Images/Getty, Moncherie/Getty, Tanathedreamchaser/Tumblr, Heartsandmagic/Tumblr, SimplySeasons/Tumblr, Allthewaythingsare/Tumblr