NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
The dates of entry for this sweepstakes have been extended. We will accept entries until July 7, 2014
THE EVERYTHING BUT WATER VACATION SWEEPSTAKES: How To Enter: Beginning May 20, 2014 at 12:01 AM (ET) through July 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM (ET), go to www.marieclaire.com/freeforyou, and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions. Winner Selection: One (1) winner will be selected on or before July 1, 2014 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawings will be conducted by MarieClaire.com whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for each sweepstakes. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: Each winner will receive one (1) trip for two (2) people to the new El Ganzo resort in Cabo for four (4) nights in a Jacuzzi ocean view room (ARV: $1,500). The prize package also includes breakfast for two (2) people every day (ARV: $200), two (2), 50 minute massages (ARV: $200), and round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) people from major airport nearest Winner's residence (ARV: $1,000). (Total ARV: $2,900) Hotel accommodations are at Sponsor's discretion, subject to availability, and blackout dates may apply. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion and no addition compensation will be provided. Winner must travel on dates specified by Sponsor. Arrangements must be made at least 30 days prior to departure. Once scheduled, the itinerary cannot be altered and failure of Winner to follow such a schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide the Winner with alternate arrangements. Winner will be solely responsible for all meals, except where provided, incidental expenses, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, ground transportation, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise specified herein. All travelers must possess valid travel documents. The travel companion of Winner must execute a Publicity/Liability Release prior to departure. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form. Winners' List: For winners' names, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to MarieClaire.com Web Sweepstakes, Attention: Site Director, 300 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019 by August 8, 2014. Incomplete entry forms or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified.
- ENTRIES: Limit (1) one entry per household per day for the THE EVERYTHING BUT WATER VACATION SWEEPSTAKES (referred to as the "Promotion"). Multiple entries from the same household will be disqualified. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate or postage due entries. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec, and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor; its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries; participating advertising and promotional agencies; and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have a valid email address, and it is the entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied, outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winner(s) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner's name and/or likeness, biographical material, and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of the prize.
- INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic-transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone-equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York's choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of these Promotions is Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 W. 57th St., New York, NY 10019.