Netflix's Female-Led Series 'Godless' Still Has 73% of Dialogue Delivered by Men

Even though the town where it's set is overwhelmingly populated by women.

Godless is arguably a female-led series, thanks to Downton Abbey's badass Michelle Dockery, and the fact that the town where it's set is overwhelmingly populated by women.

That's why it's kind of baffling–and very disappointing–to hear that 73% of the dialogue spoken in its premiere was delivered by men.

So, how has this happened?

One attentive Twitter (opens in new tab) user did the math and calculated that 73% of lines in the first episode were spoken by men, while the remaining 27% were spoken by women.

Of course, dialogue doesn't necessarily equal action, and there's no denying that the women in Godless are just as powerful as the men, if not more so.

Despite the questionable dialogue, the series, and its stellar cast, is already generating plenty of Emmy and Golden Globe-related buzz (opens in new tab).