During summer, even the most balmy of days can give way to chilly nights. Instead of reaching for the ol' zip-up hoodie, swathe yourself in one of fall's most versatile trends: the blanket coat. It was the Burberry Prorsum Fall 2014 show that kicked-off the cloaked craze, when all the models walked the runway during the finale in sumptuous, monogrammed wraps. Then, in May, Kate Moss officiated the trend — as only Kate Moss can — by stepping out, every-so-blithely, in a striped yellow blanket swept asymmetrically swept over her gamine frame.
If you fancy yourself ahead of the curve, there's no time like the present to invest in the equestrian-meets-bohemian look. Here, we've narrowed down 5 styles that'll keep you cozy during those unseasonably cold summer nights and remain in your wardrobe rotation as the temperatures drop.
1. Choies Geometry Blanket Wrap In Brown, $54.59; choies.com.
2. ModCloth Around the Embers Coat, $104.99; modcloth.com.
3. Isabel Marant Idoa Striped Blanket Coat, $660; matchesfashion.com.
4. Michael by Michael Kors, Plaid Poncho, $275; net-a-porter.com.
5. RVCA Turkic Sweater Knit Shawl, $31.99; 6pm.com.