Rhuigi Villaseñor is no stranger to the kitchen. The LA-based Creative Director of Rhude has been cooking since he was 10 and uses it as a way to bring friends and great conversation together. We asked him to share a recipe with us and he brought two of his favorite dishes from Japan and Italy to the table, a unexpected combo that packs a major punch.
rice wine vinegar
salt & pepper
microgreens (for garnish)
whole shitake mushrooms, sliced
Pecorino Romano cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. Salt cod fillet and slice into quarters for serving.
2. Whisk together water, spicy miso, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sake in a bowl.
3. Add fish and marinade to a plastic bag or container and let marinate for 12-24 hours or for at least 1 hour.
4. To begin risotto, chop shitake mushrooms finely and add of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, sprinkle with salt and sauté until golden.
5. Stir rice into mushrooms and add chicken stock and then water. Cook covered for 15 minutes.
6. Add white wine and parmesan and stir continuously, adding a small amount of water as needed.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Cover a sheet pan with foil and add fish with marinade and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
9. Turn on broil to finish for another 3-5 minutes.
10. Serve fish over risotto, garnish with microgreens and enjoy!