Kim Kardashian was a guest speaker at this week's
Code Mobile conference
in California, where she gave a talk about Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and her social media strategy.
Yes, Kim Kardashian gave a talk at a major tech conference, and no, it's not really that weird if you think about it. Her game has reportedly made more than $200 million. Plus, her social-media empire is entirely self-created; she's really made a brand out of being an over-sharer.
A photo posted by Re/code (@recode) onOct 10, 2014 at 5:40pm PDT
Here are 7 surprising facts Kim revealed to interviewer Kara Swisher.
1) The rumors that she gets $10,000 per tweet are false. "I would have been tweeting every two seconds if it was true." Good point.
2) She writes and publishes all of her social media posts herself. She is surprised that other celebrities rely on staffers for that.
3) She has really strict rules about what she posts and when. "I have a three-image rule: In the same setting, I try not to do more than three," she said. "It oversaturates my feed."
4) Instagram is her favorite social network. It has more "texture" than tweets or Facebook posts. (Show her the money if you know what's good for you, Zuckerberg.)
5) She uses a—gasp!—a BlackBerry for everything but posting photos. She's obsessed with her BlackBerry Bold, and even buys them on eBay since she can't find them in stores.
6) There will be more updates to her game. Soon, players will get to interact with more characters and even "FaceTime" with them.
7) There are also more apps to come, or so Kim hinted. Her "career" in the mobile world will be "long," she said.