1. THOU SHALT IGNORE THE RULE NEVER TO MIX PRINTS
The perennially genius Etro and Dries Van Noten cop an "anything goes" attitude with vibrant florals and stripes. New rule: Master the art of the mix — not the match.
2. THOU SHALT TRANSFORM DAY CLOTHES INTO NIGHT
Brian Reyes's working-girl chic includes multitasking tops worn frontward by day, backward (and low-cut) by night. Dress, $1725, Brian Reyes at Susan; (650) 347-0452. Top, $575, Brian Reyes; brianreyes.com for info.
3. THOU SHALT STOCK UP ON AMERICAN BASICS
Calvin Klein reintroduces the fabulously unfussy line ck, chock-full of silk tops and pencil skirts. Skirt and top, $250 each, ck Calvin Klein; neimanmarcus.com for stores.
4. THOU SHALT HONOR FASHION'S LIVING LEGENDS
Check out the Sundance Channel's documentary Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton. Premieres during fashion week, February 4 at 8 p.m. EST.
5. THOU SHALT BE PROPERLY SHOD FOR EVERY OCCASION
Known for its must-have bags, Botkier covers a lot of ground with its covetable new line of shoes, from reptile to jewel tone. Shoes (from left), $395, $325, $475, Botkier; botkier.com.