Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
1. In moderation, wine can help your cholesterol by boosting the levels of HDL (opens in new tab) (the good stuff) while the phenols contained in wine prevent the levels of LDL (the bad stuff) from damaging your arteries.
2. Red wine also slows the growth of breast and prostrate cancer cells (opens in new tab), while warding off oral cancer.
3. Drinking wine in moderation can slim your risk of osteoporosis (opens in new tab), which in simpler terms refers to age-related bone thinning, by increasing bone mineral density of men and women alike.
4. Resveratrol is a key ingredient found in the skin of red grapes, which is known to protect your blood vessels (opens in new tab) while eliminating blood clots. It also gets rid of those unwanted wrinkles, as it protects the body from aging and disease.
5. It is so good for you, that evidence has proven that moderate drinking is better for your health than abstaining (opens in new tab) from alcohol completely.
6. Polyphenols are substances found in red wine that mitigate harmful bacteria (opens in new tab), preventing your body from illness and disease.
7. Wine reduces the risks of cardiovascular disease and heart attacks, by dilating the arteries and improving blood flow (opens in new tab). This lowers the risk of blood clots.
8. Flavonoids are found in significant amounts in red wine, and evidence shows that these compounds will lower risks of many types of cancer (opens in new tab).
9. Red wine has the ability to reduce your risk (opens in new tab) of developing certain dementias such as Alzheimer's.
Prince Andrew Still Receiving Taxpayer-Funded Police Protection
Protecting the Duke of York doesn't come cheap.
By Alicia Lutes
Don't Insult Queen Elizabeth's Corgis
A family member said they "should be shot" and QEII had something to say about it.
By Alicia Lutes
How to Treat Hormonal Acne: A Dermatologist’s Guide
Peace out, PMS pimples.
By Samantha Holender
Meet the Woman Blending the Traditional and the Modern in French Winemaking
How Florence Haynes combined the traditional and the contemporary for Gratien & Meyer Crémant de Loire.
The 10 Best Nonstick Cookware Sets
The nonstick pans, pots, and skillets that make cooking easy.
By Nicole Papantoniou, Good Housekeeping Institute
The Royal Family Shared the Recipe for the Queen's Favorite Boozy Christmas Pudding
The Royal Family Twitter account shared the royal chef's recipe for the Queen's favorite boozy Christmas pudding.
By Kayleigh Roberts
5 Best Soda Streams for Convenient Carbonation
Upgrade your sparkling water game with a Soda Stream carbonator that'll fizz up drinks in a flash.
By Zarah A. Kavarana
3 Pro Tips for Putting Together the Best Bouquets
Essential advice for everyday enthusiasts and budding florists alike.
By Marie Claire
39 Super Easy Fourth of July Cocktails to Try
Forget the fireworks. The real show is what you can make with your bar cart.
By Bianca Rodriguez
15 Percent Pledge Calls On Stores to Dedicate Shelf Space to Black-Owned Businesses
"We must do better. So, we’re starting now."
By Kristin Salaky
The Power of 10 Restaurant Relief Effort Joins With Capital One
The collaboration has served 20,000 meals to frontline workers so far.
By Bianca Rodriguez