1. He tells you he isn't really ready for a relationship early on. Yet he continues to talk to you and lead you on in a way that seems serious. You just go with it because he is cute, seems genuine, gives you attention, and you might just think he'll change and realize you're "the one."
2. He puts his phone on airplane mode. That way you can't see incoming texts when you ask to see pictures on his phone that you guys just took of each other.
3. He wears a man ponytail. AKA ponymale.
4. He takes his phone with him every time he goes to the bathroom.
5. He has more friends that are girls than you do, and he only has a few guy friends.
6. You haven't met a lot of his friends even though you hang out with him a lot. They're always busy.
7. His phone battery seems to die more than the average person's, making him unreachable for extended periods of time.
8. He gives you just enough attention to keep you around but not enough to actually move forward in your "relationship."
9. He always has a reason why you can't meet up with him. Like he's "not sure when he'll be off work" or it's "just the guys."
10. Every time you call him out on something (like why he went so MIA on text) he turns it around on you, saying you're being clingy or crazy.
11. He stops initiating sexy time.
12. You never know where he is. But he refuses to add you on Find My Friends.
13. He refers to himself here and there as "a loner." Time to walk the F away.
14. He is a shitty communicator and takes forever to text you back. Duh, because he's texting countless other girls, so it takes a while for him to get back to you.
15. He occasionally agrees to plans, then backs out later — like telling you he can come to your cousin's wedding and then acting weird when you actually try to book a rental car.
16. He falls off the map more often than not.
17. He can't commit — to you or to future plans, even things like what you're going to do with him on Saturday.
18. He sometimes lies about random/inconsequential things at times when it doesn't really seem to matter.
19. Everyone he follows on Instagram appears to be a sexy-looking, half-naked woman.
20. He has a lot of numbers in his phone that aren't saved under names. You can bet those numbers are attached to girls who are conversing with him in a flirty manner. Trust.
21. You haven't met his family. OK, maybe his mom, but she doesn't even know what he's up to, and you only met her for an hour.
22. You find alarming texts in his phone that say, "Have you been tested?"
23. He has his text messages linked to his iPad and stored in the "Finance folder." SHADY!
24. He comes up on your friend's Tinder.
25. If you calmly and sincerely approach your partner about the thought that something seems off or makes you uncomfortable, and he or she lashes out and make you feel insecure or insane, it's because s/he is deflecting. A caring relationship involves talking things out and caring about one another's feelings and validating them, while trying to resolve an issue in a constructive and healthy way.
Cheaters, bottom line:
Victims of cheating, bottom line: If any of these signals sound familiar or you have caught him red-handed with his pants down around his ankles, the only logical thing to do now is have your BFF ring his doorbell and do this:
The Best Face Masks for Every Skin Type and Concern
Oily skin? Need a glow? Want hydration? We have you covered.
By Samantha Holender
Is the Humble Bar of Soap the Future of Beauty?
Bars, powders, and concentrates are the beauty world’s latest obsession. Here's why everyone's going "waterless."
By Deanna Pai
Laptop Backpacks That Provide Both Fashion and Function
Stylish, take-anywhere backpacks that fit your laptop (and everything else, too).
By Julia Marzovilla
The 50 Best Vibrators, According to Sex Toy Experts
The most trusted source in feelin' yourself.
By Alanna Greco
The 16 Best Sex Games to Spice Up Date Night With
Game night, but make it hot.
By The Editors
COVID Forced My Polyamorous Marriage to Become Monogamous
For Melanie LaForce, pandemic-induced social distancing guidelines meant she could no longer see men outside of her marriage. But monogamy didn't just change her relationship with her husband—it changed her relationship with herself.
By Melanie LaForce
Four Flirting Fun Facts--With Research to Back Them Up!
My pal Judy Dutton just wrote an excellent new book: How We Do It: How the Science of Sex Can Make You a Better Lover. She's chatted with me about the psychological studies that show how best to flirt; what kind of pick-up lines work best; and what you're really saying with your body language.
By Maura Kelly
100 Sex Songs That Won't Make You Cringe
Dim the lights and hit play on this sex songs — the perfect playlist of songs to have sex to.
By The Editors
75 Movie Sex Scenes That Are 100 Percent Real
These actors aren't faking anything.
By Mehera Bonner
33 Unexpected Valentine's Day 2022 Date Ideas
A.k.a. not dinner and roses.
By The Editors
Cult Status Satisfyer Vibrators Are Under $40 for Prime Day
4 stars, 16k reviews...yeah, this vibe's got a massive fan club (for good reason).
By Carina Hsieh