1. Chlorine turns your hair green. Yet you'd be a freak if you wore a shower cap to your summer pool parties, so you just have to stock up on anti-chlorine shampoo.
2. Also, you need special violet shampoo to keep your hair from looking yellow. You don't find this in drugstores so you have to order it, which can be expensive, not to mention a hassle.
3. You have no eyelashes until you put mascara on. So even "I woke up like this" days can't be accomplished without waking up and applying mascara.
4. If you have long blonde hair, people sometimes take you less seriously. Something about having long, flowing blonde hair suggests you're young and immature, while the same doesn't necessarily feel true of brunettes.
5. Roots. If you are not a natural blonde: roots! Or if you are a natural blonde and your ends are super bleached from the sun: roots!
6. If you are not a natural blonde, you are at the salon every four to six weeks. You schedule your vacations, date nights, and major life events around when you will have fresh color in your hair.
7. You have a "highlights" fund. Being blonde ain't cheap!
8. If you color your hair blonde, it gets really flat at the top when you are due for color. Blowouts just don't look right until you get your roots done.
9. People say this to you: "Don't let the dark roots fool ya!" Are they saying I'm smart or I'm dumb or something else entirely? I don't know what this means, and haven't been able to figure it out my entire life.
10. You must shampoo every day. Because blonde hair looks dirty instantly. Every brunette is all about not washing their hair for days. They brag about it! My sister can go an entire week and I hate her for this.
11. If you are fair-skinned with blonde hair, people assume you are from Norway or Poland. They react with utter disbelief when you reveal you're not.
12. Boyfriends don't expect you to have body hair. Because blondes = hairless cats?
13. Men tell you they like you because "they like shiny things." WTF?
14. Black hair ties don't blend in nicely with your blonde hair. Not a big deal, but annoying to find an appropriate shade-of-blonde hair tie. Some are brown, some are white, most are not quite right.
15. "Blonde"-colored bobby pins don't actually blend in. It's just best not to wear bobby pins ever — they just never look quite right.
16. People actually say, "Oh you're smart for a blonde." I say, "Don't let the dark roots fool ya!" (Again, because I still don't know what this means.)