Margot Robbie is having a major moment—it seems every time we see her she looks even more gorgeous than the last. Tonight, she stepped out on the Oscars red carpet with a freshly cut blunt bob and wearing the perfect red lipstick. We got on the phone with her makeup artist, Tyron Macchausen, who gave us the breakdown on this surprisingly simple look.
"This is the Oscars, one of the biggest nights, so we wanted to really make a statement," he said. "So I was looking for a color that is much more interesting than the usual red. This [lipstick] is orange-y so it makes everything pop and is much fresher and younger. I think of her as a super modern Grace Kelly—with this new haircut, this bob, everything looks so modern and cool."
With such a strong lip, Macchausen wanted to keep the rest of the face very minimal. He didn't use any blush or eyeshadow, which makes it super easy to re-create. Plus, the lip shade looks great on all skin tones.
Here's how to get the look:
- Prep your skin with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer to create a base for the makeup and even out your skin tone.
- Apply Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup (Macchausen used a mixture of Honey & Beige on Robbie) all lightly all over your face.
- Use Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer just wherever you need it.
- Apply Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light as a highlight on your cheekbones.
- Take a Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light, a slightly darker shade of higlighter and place below to contour the cheeks and create three-dimensional effect.
- Keep your eyelids bare and apply Hourglass 1.5 mm Mechanical Gel Eyeliner just to the inside of your lower lash line to add dimension. You don't want to have a visible line, so you should pull your eyelid out and wiggle the liner in-between the lashes.
- Apply several coats of Hourglass Film Noir Mascara to your top lashes, let them dry, and apply a few more.
- Use Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil to add dimension to your brows.
- Line your lips with Hourglass Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil in Raven.
- Apply Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Raven for a pop of matte orange-red.
You should also check out: