1. Music Star Phillip Phillips: "I drink a lot of water in the summer because it is so hot, but an occasional Blue Moon would be my beverage of choice."
Now that sounds like the answer of a true country boy at heart, doesn't it?
2. Alex Guarnaschelli (Chopped judge and Iron Chef): "Freezing-cold Prosecco with a squeeze of lemon. Does that cocktail have a name besides refreshingly delicious?"
We can answer that question for her: absolutely not, no. That drink is about as refreshing as it gets!
3. Bill Telepan: "Tequila with lemonade. We make our own mint lemonade at Telepan and Telepan Local; by simply adding some tequila to it, it turns into the perfect drink on a hot summer's day. Really refreshing."
4. Geoffrey Zakarian (Co-Host of The Kitchen, Chopped judge and Iron Chef): "Suze tonic."
In case you aren't familiar, Suze is a fruity French liqueur with the oh-so-summery flavors of apricot and peach. So, basically we're talking about a luscious sunset-colored concoction boosted with bubbles...YUM.
5. Anne Burrell (Host of Worst Cooks in America): "My Chef Anne Sparkler... of course! That's my favorite anytime cocktail."
Get the recipe: Chef Anne Sparkler.
6. Marc Murphy (Chopped judge): "At my restaurant Landmarc, we have a cocktail called the 'PM Kick' made with Tanteo jalapeño tequila, fresh watermelon, agave syrup, and cilantro. The flavor combination makes the perfect summer drink!"
We'd say so! Anything blended with light, sweet watermelon and a kick of spice is a drink we want to get our hands on, stat.
7. Jeff Mauro (Co-Host of The Kitchen): "Mezcal and lime on the rocks with a side of soda water. Smoky, limey, and complex."
That's a seriously smokey concoction that sounds absolutely made to sip alongside a plate of ribs at an end-of-summer barbecue.
8. Jose Garces (Iron Chef): "Ever since I visited Barbados last November, I've been really into Mount Gay rum. Lately, I've been mixing Mount Gay rum with coconut water, a little bit of club soda, and a splash of freshly squeezed lime juice, all garnished with a sprig of fresh mint."
Now that sounds like a taste of the tropics in a glass. Who's ready for the long weekend!?
To purchase tickets for a jam-packed day of live music starring John Mayer, Phillip Phillips, DJ Alexandra Richards, Twin Forks (with Dashboard Confessional's Chris Carrabba), Raul Midon, and more, plus spectacular food from Food Network stars Jeff Mauro (co-host of The Kitchen), Sunny Anderson (co-host of The Kitchen), Geoffrey Zakarian (co-host of The Kitchen, Chopped judge and Iron Chef), Marc Murphy (Chopped judge), Anne Burrell (host of Worst Cooks in America), Alex Guarnaschelli (Chopped judge and Iron Chef), and Jose Garces (Iron Chef), along with Chicagoland's best chefs, visit foodnetworkinconcert.com.