Jennifer Fisher, the former stylist turned jewelry designer (more specifically, hoop guru) has a new frontier she's embarking on: the kitchen. She's been spending a ton of time there, so much in fact, she's since created a custom-blend line of salts that she can't keep stocked (check out @jenniferfisherkitchen). In our inaugural edition of "What's Cookin'," Jennifer makes a classic brunch dessert that is not only universally loved, but pretty easy to execute.
powdered organic sugar
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Combine the "swirl-in" ingredients
- Combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt
- Beat the egg, milk and oil
- Grease the loaf pan and pour half of the mixture, followed by half of the cinnamon sugar mixture to swirl in
- Pour in the remaining batter (the pan should only be 3/4 full) and swirl in remaining cinnamon sugar
- Bake for 1 hour
- Allow to cool and remove from the pan
- Drizzle the icing on top
Feel free to add in variations with your "swirl in" like raisins, nuts or toffee!