Roaring Revival: '20s-Inspired Hair Accessories
Editors' Note: Finger waves not included.
By Lauren Valenti
Woody Allen's latest offering Magic in the Moonlight (out July 25), starring Emma Stone and Colin Firth, is an occult tale of romance set in the French Riviera during the Roaring Twenties. We were fools for Midnight in Paris (2011) and our Gatsby fever hasn't worn off since last spring, so we're just as enchanted by '20s-everything, from the red-hot music to experimental fashion.
One of our favorite trends to emerge from the rollicking Jazz Age is the ornate headpieces that women wore when hitting the town. What began as a way of keeping hair out of the eyes — while dancing the Charleston, we can only presume — became a new a way to make a statement. From the silky headband to jewel-encrusted hair combs, we've chosen 5 modern hair accoutrements you can wear when putting on the ritz.
1. Jennifer Behr Leaves Headband, $325; shopbop.com.
2. Lelet NY Oscar Swarovski Top Knot Halo Headpiece, $335; shopbop.com.
3. Erickson Beamon China Club Headpiece, $423; shopbop.com.
5. ModCloth Deco-Rate Your ‘Do Hair Pin Set, $8.88; modcloth.com.
4. Erickson USA Dazzle Turban, $132; franceluxe.com.