Kim Kardashian Actually Caught on Fire Last Night

Don't worry, Pharrell saved her.

Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
(Image credit: Getty Images)

Kim Kardashian was on fire last night—quite literally. In what many would file in the Worst Nightmare category, the newly-expectant star (opens in new tab) apparently got a little close to a candle and caught flame while at a dinner following the CFDA Awards (opens in new tab).

Wearing a custom Proenza Schouler design, feathers of her dress were ultimately to blame for the scary moment. (Those things are flammable, you guys.)

Good news is, she's totally fine—thanks to Pharrell and his wife Helen, who apparently *jumped* on Kim to put the fire out. Kim shared the moment on Instagram (opens in new tab), captioning a photo of her, Pharrell, Helen, and Kanye with the story. And since she wrote "LOL," we're assuming all ended well. You know, along with the fact that she's posting at all. Thank goodness.

Samantha Leal is the Deputy Editor at Well+Good, where she spends most of her day thinking of new ideas across platforms, bringing on new writers, overseeing the day-to-day of the website, and working with the awesome team to produce the best stories and packages. Before W+G, she was the Senior Web Editor for Marie Claire and the Deputy Editor for Latina.com, with bylines all over the internet. Graduating from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University with a minor in African history, she’s written everything from travel guides to political op-eds to wine explainers (currently enrolled in the WSET program) to celebrity profiles. Find her online pretty much everywhere @samanthajoleal.